Saturday, November 04, 2006

Turnover - Almost Gone

Well the 2nd has come and gone and I am still at the Pole. But it looks like I am leaving tomorrow, the 6th. My replacement is a South Pole veteran who knows his way around which makes my leaving a little easier. So I am still on for my previously stated vacation, just starting a little later. I have already received emails from fellow WinterOvers in Christchurch as to where to meet them.

I wanted to say THANK YOU to all those who been reading my blog and sending kind and funny words to keep me going. It has been a challenging 374 days but all in all it was worth it. I hope this provided a glimpse into my year on the ice. Will I return to the Pole or even Antarctica? I don't know, I am a little too close to the subject right now. Ask in in three months.

My new contact info as of December 1...

Patrick McClure
12101 Melody Drive #16-102
Westminster, CO 80234
patrickmcclure@hotmail.com

I'd love to hear from all you folks when I am back in the real world.

Best Regards... Patrick

2 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

this is so sad.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Neal said...

I should still be on for a little skydiving...hopefully I'll bump into you my first night in CHC.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home